£25000 – £28000/annum Shift pay + bonus
Full Time / Permanent
Shift Chemist (SUITABLE FOR CHEMISTRY GRADUATES)
Location – Oxfordshire
Salary – £25,000-£28,000 DOE
Contract – Permanent
Our client is a leading pharmaceutical CRO based in Oxfordshire who are offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join their expanding pharmaceutical GMP team. This position is only open to recent University Chemistry graduates who are looking for a fantastic opportunity to step into pharmaceutical manufacturing.
This role is a shift-based position – 12 hour shifts, 7:00am – 7:00pm 4 days on, 4 days off.
This is a role for newly graduated individuals, or those with prior API manufacturing experience. As a Shift Chemist, you will be responsible for
* Supporting the scale-up production of biologically active molecules, or Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) on 20L – 30L scale.
* Operation, troubleshooting and maintenance of purification equipment, reactor vessels (20L) and mixers according to standard operating procedures (SOPs).
* Liaising with other departments including QA / QC and process chemistry.
* Additionally, you will be required to accurately complete written documents and report any irregularities.
* This will be done whilst adhering to GMP standards, following company procedures to maintain the high safety standards of our client.
Skills and Experience Needed
Suitable applicants will have:
* Recently graduated from University with a degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Chemistry focused degree (essential)
* The ability to efficiently organise, plan and time manage (essential)
* The ability to effectively communicate with both customers and colleagues; both written and verbally (essential)
* The ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks (essential)
* A large sense of accountability (essential)
* A get-up and go attitude (essential)
* An understanding of GMP and regulations within the pharmaceutical industry (desired)
* Understanding of GC-MS, HPLC, NMR etc (desired)
Being a leading pharmaceutical CRO, our client is offering the chance to be part of a growing organisation on a permanent basis, with a competitive salary and generous shift allowance.
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.