£40000 – £50000/annum
Full Time / Permanent
Graduate Python Software Engineer
Does the idea of solving complex software problems to develop cutting-edge machine -learning software sound like a place you would like to start your career? If the answer is yes, and you have good Python knowledge, and any exposure to Linux and DevOps, then you may have just opened the perfect job opportunity.
This is one of Cambridge’s most successful start-ups in recent years, having won numerous awards, this incredible company are already well positioned on the international stage as one of the leaders within this pioneering area of technology.
Offering excellent training, career progression and prospects, this is an ideal time to join and be guided by some of the brightest minds in Cambridge.
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 – lower end for a graduate, upper end for experience + excellent benefits (including private health cover and pension)
Requirements for Graduate Python Software Engineer:
* A minimum of a 2.1 bachelors from an internationally renowned University in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Astrophysics, Mathematics, Natural Sciences
* Masters/Ph.D. would be beneficial
* At least AAB at A-Level (or equivalent UCAS points)
* Excellent knowledge in Python
* Knowledge of DevOps and Linux (check these are clear on your CV as this will set you apart from other applicants for this role).
* Examples of personal projects demonstrated on GitHub or similar online repository
* Ability to quickly pick up new programming languages
* Strong analytical skills
* Organised with the ability to work both with autonomy and as part of a team
* Great communication skills with fluent spoken and written English
* Any experience with the following would be beneficial: machine learning techniques, nodeJS, familiarity with Linux, cyber security / malware knowledge or cloud computing knowledge
Responsibilities for Graduate Python Software Engineer:
* This is a fast-paced and exciting role, making software which deals with problems presented by the modern-age era of technology. Responsibilities will include:
* Rapid prototyping of new ideas and working to solid structured development of existing platforms
* Innovate and create ideas to further enhance the software product
* Traditional project based development
* You will be expected to pick up new languages/technologies quickly, if a different technology is best suited to a certain project
What this offers
* Working for an industry-leading software company who have a fantastic track record of successfully hiring and training graduates
* Highly interesting work developing cutting-edge, machine-learning software
* A good remuneration and benefits package
If you would like to apply for this unique Python and AWS Developer opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV via the relevant link.
RedTech Recruitment Ltd focus solely on finding roles for people leaving academia entering industry. Even if the above role isn’t of interest, please visit our website to see our other opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.