Terms & Conditions - The Grad Hub
Using The Grad Hub
- As a condition of your use of The Grad Hub (including thegradhub.com and its related websites, services, applications and tools) you agree that you will not:
- violate any laws;
- violate the Posting Rules;
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material;
- post or otherwise communicate any false or misleading material or message of any kind;
- infringe any third-party right;
- distribute spam, chain letters, or promote pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm The Grad Hub or the interests or property of The Grad Hub users;
- impose or contribute to imposing an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of The Grad Hub;
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent;
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access. The Grad Hub and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the The Grad Hub site, services, applications or tools or The Grad Hub’s copyrights and trademarks;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to The Grad Hub;
- sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright,trademark or other rights of third parties.
Abusing The Grad Hub
The Grad Hub and The Grad Hub community work together to keep The Grad Hub websites, services, applications and tools working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off The Grad Hub if we think that they are creating problems,infringing the rights of third parties or acting inconsistently with the letterer spirit of our policies (including, without limitation, circumventing temporary or permanent suspensions or harassing The Grad Hub employees or other users). However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off The Grad Hub or not, we do not have any obligation to monitor the information transmitted or stored on our sites, services,applications and tools and we do not accept any liability for unauthorized or unlawful content on The Grad Hub or use of The Grad Hub by users.
Fees and Services
Using The Grad Hub is generally free, but we sometimes charge for certain services. If the service you use incurs a fee, you'll be able to review and accept terms that will be clearly disclosed at the time you post your ad. Our fees are quoted in Pounds Sterling, and we may change them from time to time. We'll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on The Grad Hub website.
We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
- If your ads went live with exposure on The Grad Hub sites, services, applications or tools, even for a limited time, and that they benefited from the service associated with the paid fee;
- If your ads are placed in the Pets or Massage categories of The Grad Hub;
- If your ads are placed into "edit" mode and will go live to site once updated by you;
- If you have removed your ads yourself;
- If you post duplicate ads as defined in our rules regarding duplicate ads;
- If we believe that your ads are in a significantly wrong category;
- Please note that the above list is not exhaustive. See The Grad Hub Refunds Help Page for more details on the cases in which you may, or may not, be entitled to a refund of such fees.
The Grad Hub contains content from us, you, and other users. The Grad Hub is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via The Grad Hub is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute or modify content from The Grad Hub without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or compile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in The Grad Hub.Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell,or exploit for any purposes any aspect of The Grad Hub (other than your own content). When you give us content, you grant us and represent that you have the right to grant us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable,royalty-free,sub-licensee (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademarks, design, database and intellectual property rights to that content, in any media whether now known or to be discovered in the future and on all other sites, services, applications and tools that are part of The Grad Hub community. In addition, you waive all moral rights you have in the content to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Grad Hub may at times use third party data suppliers to supplement the information you have provided in an ad. This could include descriptions, product specifications and other content. You may use such information solely in connection with your the Grad Hub ad during the time you rad is on The Grad Hub site. The information provided may be subject to copyright, trademark and/or other protections. You agree not to remove any such protected information and/or create any derivative works based on the content(other than by including them in your ads). This permission is subject to modification or revocation at any time at The Grad Hub’s sole discretion.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties.This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright, design and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). A large number of products of all sorts are offered on The Grad Hub by private individuals in the UK. Entitled parties, in particular owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights can report any advertisement which may infringe on their rights, and submit a request for such advertisement to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by The Grad Hub.
Reporting an infringement:
In order to participate in the Notice of Infringement Programmer, you only need to complete a Notice of Infringement Form and email it to The Grad Hub. You can use this form, complete with your signature, to report advertisements which may infringe on your property rights. The information requested in the Notice of Infringement Form is for the purpose of ensuring that the parties reporting these objects are either the entitled party or their officially authorized representative. This information must also enable The Grad Hub to identify the advertisement to be removed. Once we have received your correctly completed Notice of Infringement Form, you can simply send later reports to The Grad Hub via the e-mail address provided.
Note: This form can only be used by the lawful owners of the relevant intellectual property rights. The "Notice of Infringement" is intended to enable rights owners to ensure that products offered by The Grad Hub users do not infringe their copyright, trademark rights or other intellectual property rights.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent presentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees. You agree not to holds responsible for things other users post or do.
We do not review users' postings and are not involved in the actual transactions between users. As most of the content on The Grad Hub comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what's offered.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
You acknowledge that we cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the operation and availability of our sites, services, applications or tools.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchant ability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation,or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of,or inability to use The Grad Hub, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you. Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 100 Pounds Sterling.
If you have a dispute with one or more of The Grad Hub users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known or unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
Third party rights
A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this User Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this Agreement or which exists or is available apart from that Act.
Resolution of disputes
If a dispute arises between you and The Grad Hub, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by emailing email@example.com. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
These terms and the other policies posted on The Grad Hub constitute the entire agreement between The Grad Hub and you, superseding any prior agreements. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Veroh Limited must be resolved by the courts of England and Wales. You and The Grad Hub both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts; for claims falling within the jurisdiction of a County Court, you and The Grad Hub both agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the County Court of Uxbridge.
If we don't enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below.
Except for notices relating to illegal or infringing content,your notices to us must be sent by registered mail to Veroh Limited, 23 Market Street, Craven Arms, SY7 9NW. We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing.
We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or 30 days after we post the updated policy on The Grad Hub website, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us.
For any help with using The Grad Hub please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competition Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is: Veroh Ltd (company no. 11162976) whose registered office is at 23 Market Street, Craven Arms, SY7 9NW.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over except employees of Veroh Ltd and The London Experience Card and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.thegradhub.com.
- The competition will be running across Instagram and at Aston University, Royal Holloway & Birkbeck Freshers Fairs.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be Friday 5th October 2018. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Register online at http://www.thegradhub.com; Follow @thegradhub and@thelondonexperiencecard on instagram
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrantsas soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: £100 Amazon vouchers and 1 of 10 London Experience Cards. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will beoffered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Instagram/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction ofthe courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.