£22000 – £25000/annum
Full Time / Permanent
Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
We are exciting to start the search for a Graduate Technologist to join our client’s company! They are a well-known, highly successful and respected Fresh Produce business in the industry…. This is a fantastic chance to grow your career in a big player in the Fruit and Fresh Produce world!
As Graduate Technologist you will be reporting to the Technical Manager. The Placement technologist role reports into the Technical Manager and will focus on the Vegetables side of the business.
You would be expected to uphold and drive quality and environmental standards on the facility and ensure technical compliance is maintained for BRC, TPPS and other standards
Responsibilities will include:
• Understanding and decision making of product quality and seasonaility
• Support the due diligence system taking responsibility for the maintenance of supplier records
• Supporting the supply base by engaging in ethical requirements and actions and documenting these for the team
• Internal reporting for both customers and supplier dealing with all stakeholders and company systems
• Support on internal audits
• Attendance at customer facing and supplier facing meetings to support wider team
• Management of customers specifications and communication to all relevant parties where appropriate, including management of our customer databases as required
• Lead as product specialist, complementing sample preparation and benchmarking
• Monthly KPI Summaries
•Any other ad hoc duties
Ensure compliance with food safety law and customer GMP.
Ensure suppliers operated within the company and ETI guidelines.
Represent the business at appropriate forums and meetings.
Operate safe systems of works, carry out HACCP and COSHH
Follows all company processes and time lines
Responsible for Health and Safety of self, and team
We are looking for someone with the following Skills and Knowledge:
· Proven Planning and organisation skills
· Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
· Ability to analyse, understand and solve problems
· Work under pressure to tight dead lines
· Able to analyse understand and solve problems
· Team working with other teams
· Act in a professional manner at all times
· Judgement and decision making especially under pressure
· Prioritisation skills
Skills and Knowledge
* Flexibility to travel overseas : There may be a little Overseas travel in the role
* Ability to Collation and analysis of information
* Product development skills ( Not essential, but ideal)
* You must have excellent Computer skills Word, excel, data bases,…
* Pesticide awareness internal training, external awareness training
* Food hygiene knowledge
* Knowledge of BRC accreditation
Send your CV applications to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org (This is just .co!)
Or Call the FMK Consulting team on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed) to have a chat about your experience and the role in more detail
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.