£25000 – £28000/annum
Full Time / Permanent
Graduate Site Chemist
Our client is an award-winning, privately-owned waste management company, specialising in chemical waste transport and disposal. A vacancy currently exists for a Graduate Site Chemist to be based at the company’s hazardous waste treatment facility in Kent.
Main duties will include:
* Analysing all incoming loads in a timely fashion, designating process routes to site personnel.
* Operating all laboratory processes in a safe and efficient manner, using the correct Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Ensuring the provision of the correct documentation for all incoming and outgoing loads.
* Assisting the Manager to ensure incoming loads/enquiries are priced in a timely fashion.
* Providing analytical information that will optimise vehicle turnaround time, processing efficiency and customer service.
* Providing site and laboratory cover at all times, taking a flexible approach to break times and providing reasonable out of hours cover when required.
* Degree in Chemistry
* Experience in the waste industry an advantage but not essential
* Enthusiasm to learn the operation of a Waste Transfer Station and/or Treatment Processing Plant
* Ability to apply chemical theory to good industrial/waste management practice.
* Flexible and co-operative attitude and approach.
* Ability to work in a team or individually.
* Willingness to gain a Certificate of Technical Competence (COTC) qualification.
The successful candidate will be required to work a rotating weekly shift pattern as follows: 06:00-14:00, 07:30- 15:30 and 10:00-18:00.
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.