£22000 – £27000/annum
Full Time / Permanent
Prestigious automotive lighting manufacturer requires a Graduate Optical Design Engineer who is interested in pursuing a career in the field of Automotive and Product Lighting Development to join their Optical Design team based in Redditch, Worcestershire.
As a Graduate Optical Design Engineer, your primary role is to assist the Optical Lead Designer to complete project work that meets the Customer requirements. Prior knowledge of this highly specialised field is not required and the successful applicant will be given full training.
Graduate Optical Design Engineer responsibilities include:
* Design and development of optical systems for automotive lamp designs.
* Simulation of optical systems to assess compliance to customer and regulatory requirements.
* CAD modelling of the optical components for simulation and ultimately production tooling purposes.
* Preparation of Optical Design reports to be issued to customers.
* Participate as part of Cross-Functional project teams to ensure correct integration of the optical systems into the final product.
* Customer interaction to ensure their requirements are satisfied.
* Give regular feedback on task progress to the senior designer.
* Explain concepts & ideas verbally & in a report.
* Check own work in line with company procedure & policy.
* work under the supervision of a senior designer.
* Observe the guidelines and procedures outlined in the Company Handbook.
Engineering Qualifications needed for a Graduate Optical Design Engineer:
* MPhys or BSc (Hons) / MSci in Physics. (Applied physics bias)
* Have studied Optics modules and have an understanding of:
* Classical Optics, with a focus on imaging optic design. An understanding of non-imaging Illumination optic design would be beneficial.
* LEDs, Lasers and Opto-electronic devices.
* Optical Ray Tracing/ Simulation techniques.
* Solid-State/ Semiconductor Physics.
* Preferably be able to use CAD design software, Catia V5/ SolidWorks/ Rhino etc.
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8 am to 5 pm and Fridays 8 am to 1 pm
Salary: £22,000 p.a. to £27,000 p.a.
So, if you’re a Graduate with an interest in a career in lighting design and would like to work with the worlds most prestigious vehicle brands, then apply for the Optical Design Engineer role today!!!
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.