£28000 – £30000/annum 8% of salary bonus paid annually
Full Time / Permanent
Mechanical Technical Sales Engineer
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Our client, part of an international engineering organisation with a base near Warrington, is now looking to recruit a Mechanically biased Technical Sales Engineer to join the team ASAP!
This role would be suitable for either a graduate engineer with some industry experience, OR an experienced Sales Engineer looking for a new challenge!
Our client, an international engineering business with a base in the UK, is looking for a Technical Sales/Applications Engineer to join their experienced team of product and applications engineers working primarily with OEM Customers throughout the UK. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest and competence in helping customers, by providing high quality, technically optimised mechanical solutions and will be results-driven with an ability to work to deadlines. While office-based, this is a customer interactive role, with significant time spent daily communicating with customers (primarily OEM). Opportunities to visit customer sites as part of a technical & commercial team will become more common as the candidate’s experience and skills develop, as well as some opportunity for international travel to other sites for training and development.
* Qualification and prioritisation of customer RFQ’s.
* Communicate with customer & sales team to interpret customer & application requirements and clearly define relevant application data.
* Interpretation of detailed technical specifications, drawings and hydraulic circuits to ensure that offered products and solutions meet the required technical requirements.
* Select products & develop solutions & proposals of primarily mechanical (but also electronic & Hydraulic) products to satisfy customer application requirements.
* Define and manage small modifications to standard product in order to replace competitor or obsolete products.
* Commercially cost & prepare proposal of these solutions to point of negotiation by sales / commercial team.
* Liaise with within the group & external suppliers to source products & technically support pre & post sales.
* Contract reviews, technical handover to sales support / purchasing and production teams & project kick-off meetings to ensure the specification is correct prior to supply.
* Visit customer sites on occasion to better understand application needs & define optimal solutions, help promote their products & develop business.
* Offer technical support & occasional project management to see projects through to delivery.
* Support colleagues and customers in commissioning or aftermarket problem resolution or warranty issues.
* Visit customer site on occasion to support commissioning or aftermarket activity.
* Support & drive development of company & team technical ability & competence in all relevant departments (Sales, Technical, Workshop).
* Help develop technical tools & selection processes, efficient working practices & information sourcing & communication.
Based at the office, candidate must reside within manageable commute and have own transport.
Qualifications & Skills:
* Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent combination of qualification + experience.
Essential skills include:
* Comfortable with basic calculations & formulae (BODMAS). Candidates will be tested.
* Ability to interpret Engineering drawings.
* Knowledge of Electric Motors & Controls.
* Understanding of Hydraulic principles & Product Function.
* Basic knowledge of Electronic / hydraulic products & applications.
* Excellent communication skills & phone manner.
* An appreciation of the commercial side of engineering.
* Ability & Aptitude to identify & develop commercial Opportunity beyond the initial RFQ or Technical Query.
Desirable skills include:
* Ability to qualify and prioritise a wide variety of customer requests and identify and develop commercial opportunity beyond the initial RFQ or technical query.
* Ability to understand Electric / Hydraulic circuits.
* Knowledge of ERP systems.
* Some knowledge & understanding of electronic control of hydraulic systems.
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.