Full Time / Permanent
Kingston upon Hull, City of Kingston upon Hull
Element has an opportunity for a Graduate Electrical Safety Engineer to join our team in Hull. This role will perform product assessments on a wide variety of electrical devices ranging from audio visual equipment to medical devices to support CE marking as well as international certification schemes. This is to ensure our customers’ products are safe to use. Training will be provided and we would be keen to hear from recent Graduates ideally qualified from an Electrical Engineering environment.
Come and join Element, a leading Testing, Inspection and Certification company…. Making Tomorrow Safer Than Today!
Our new Engineer will assist and support our technical teams and clients. This customer facing role will manage projects from start to finish ensuring that everything is right and on-time.
* Responsible for performing tests and inspection on a wide range of electrical appliances such as medical devices, audio / visual equipment and consumer products
* Develop understanding of key safety standards (EN(phone number removed) etc.) and participate in relevant internal and external training
* Responsible for ensuring that test equipment and procedures are used and maintained correctly to ensure compliance with ISO 17025. Highlight when test equipment is out of calibration
* Responsible for ensuring technical and customer excellence is maintained
* Responsible for ensuring test records, test areas, test equipment and client equipment are maintained in accordance with ISO 17025
* Prepare test report in accordance with laboratory and IECEE procedures
* Assist with client enquiries and work schedules to ensure technical and customer consistency
* Perform testing on-site at clients or other Element facilities
* Degree in Electrical Engineering or a HNC / HND would be considered
* Ideally experienced of working with electrical standards, e.g. IEC (phone number removed), IEC (phone number removed), etc.
* Confident in using MS Office applications and bespoke systems
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including with customers
* Drive for improvements and efficiencies
* Self starter
* Recent Graduates would be considered looking to start a career within product testing
Benefits of working at Element
33 days annual holiday, consisting of 25 days annual holiday and 8 days public / x4 Life Assurance / Legal & General Pension scheme with total contributions up to 12% / Flexible Working / Cycle Scheme / Free Onsite Refreshments / Recommend a Friend Bonus / Perks At Work Discount Scheme
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN APPLYING YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE ELEMENT WEBSITE TO START YOUR APPLICATION
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.