£22000 – £27000/annum pension and travel allowance
Full Time / Permanent
EC1A, Farringdon, Greater London
One of my best clients within M&E consultancy in London is now looking for a Graduate Building Services Engineer to join their M&E team. The company is a quality brand where engineers and architects work together to apply new solutions to engineering challenges, creating some of the most captivating, sustainable and award-winning buildings in the UK, Ireland and internationally.
They are seeking graduate engineers to join our dynamic building services team – people who revel in the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects in our stimulating, inter-disciplinary design studios. You will have a unique opportunity to work on a diverse range of challenging projects in sectors including workplace, healthcare, education, historic, leisure and residential.
* work with detailed diagrams, plans and drawings within Building Services
* use specialist computer-aided design (CAD) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
* use and develop Building Information Modelling (BIM) to ensure systems are coordinated in a complex construction or refurbishment project
* manage and forecast spend, using whole life cycle costing techniques, ensuring that work is kept to budget and energy efficient systems are implemented
* design site-specific equipment as required
* oversee and supervise the installation of building systems and specify maintenance and operating procedures
* monitor building systems and processes
* make decisions about expired systems equipment and the appropriate location of new equipment
* liaise closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors and in-house project teams
* work on a variety of projects within a short period of time.
Skills and requirements
* degree qualified, preferably to masters level either in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Building Services or Electrical Engineering
* Graduate member of CIBSE or equivalent, or in the process of applying
* possess excellent communication skills
* a keen interest in sustainable environmental solutions and the creation of sustainable buildings
* some experience of using Revit MEP and a desire to develop these skills would be an advantage
* some experience of designing building services for projects across a range of sectors would be an advantage
* results driven, enjoy challenging opportunities, have a positive attitude and are resourceful. You will have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and sense of responsibility
To apply for this job please visit www.cv-library.co.uk.